Campus Visioning Workshop #1
Campus Visioning Workshop #1: October 3rd!
Morning Session: 8:00am – 10:00am
Evening Session: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Both sessions in the Brooks/Reed Gym!
WHO? EVERYONE! – parents and community members of all ages – Please join the School Building Committee, SMMA Architects, and the Community Center Planning & Preliminary Design Committee for one (or both!) of the Campus Visioning Workshop sessions.
WHAT? Developing a Shared Campus Vision
- The workshops will build on prior studies of the Ballfield campus by the Campus Master Planning Committee (CMPC), the School Building Advisory Committee (SBAC), and the Community Center Study Committee (CCSC).
- Using what we know about the possible building zones on campus, develop different options for campus layout.
- The workshops will:
- Give a summary of prior work and of the site’s constraints.
- Provide a chance to take “virtual tours” of other schools.
- Be a hands-on opportunity to experiment with different ways the campus can support the K-8 school, pre-K programs, community use spaces, outdoor recreational spaces, after school programs, school support facilities and storage, the Parks & Recreation Department, and the Council on Aging.
- Lead to multiple campus plans.
WHY? Your participation will directly influence SMMA’s designs!
- A later workshop will ask the community to rank the different plans.
- Determining the campus layout is essential for planning the Lincoln School project AND the possible Community Center project.
- This is our opportunity for creative thinking about provocative questions:
- Could the school be more than one story?
- Where can we build on the site? Where do we want to build?
- How does the school design impact possible community center designs?
- Can we fit another playing field or other recreational facilities on campus?
We hope to see you!
[…] Workshop, focused on possible campus layouts, was on October 3rd. Missed it? Here’s the video of the evening workshop. The second Workshop on October 17th focused on educational vision and sustainability — two […]