The SBC meets at 7:00pm on Wednesday, January 13th via Zoom. Click here for the agenda.
The visual image that came out of this past week’s SBC meeting was of waves. Waves of sequential work that are rippling through the school starting in building section D (former Library) and moving west to east through sections E, F, G, and H (Reed Gym).
The work is both on the exterior and interior. On the exterior, the many layers of the building envelope are being put in place: vapor barrier, insulation, concrete block, brick, and roofing. On the interior, there is new framing, new electrical wiring, new piping for heat, plumbing, and fire suppression, and then new drywall installation. Click here to see some recent images.
Other noteworthy information:
- Despite snow, COVID, etc., Phase 1 of the project remains on schedule to be completed by June 22, 2021.
- Snow storms and winter weather are built in to the construction plans and the schedule. In the photo below you can see the heated exterior structures that are built around fresh masonry work to ensure they cure properly.
- The presentation from 12/16 meeting is here.
- The next SBC meeting is on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 at 7:00pm.
On behalf of the SBC Outreach team, we wish you and yours love, friendship, and moments of reflection and joy as we close out 2020 and welcome 2021. See you in January!
- The thoughtfulness and care of everyone working on the design and construction of the school project. Click here for the presentation from the November 24th SBC meeting.
- Our faculty and students who are showing their imagination and resilience against the twin backdrops of pandemic and construction project. Note the creative outdoor furniture in the photo above.
- The community’s participation in our first ever virtual State of the Town meeting. Click here to find the recordings from all three evenings. The SBC presented on night 1 (November 17th).
- The generosity of community members who have made many donations that will greatly enhance the school for generations to come:
- The Friends of the Lincoln School Project collected donations from more than 65 residents to fully fund the new Primary School pedestrian/bike path! They’ve raised more than the $36,926 needed to pay for the path. As was explained to donors, excess donations will be used for new furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E).
- The Codman Trust donated $28,223 for the new pedestrian bike path leading to the Middle School and Codman Pool. Click here to see illustrations of the two paths.
- The anonymous donor who funded the new Learning Commons courtyard.
- The Class of 2020 Tree Fund now stands at $35,500.
- Thanks to the Harriet Todd bequest, the Auditorium renovation is underway!
- The Apsler family donated funds to add back the built-in benches in the new Auditorium connector and the concrete walkway to the west of the Learning commons.
- No significant COVID costs for the project.
- Drone technology that gives us this fun view of the project. Click here to visit the November 2020 gallery.
Next SBC Meeting: December 16th @7:00pm.
(This is being reposted because the prior version had formatting issues.)
Chris Fasciano, Chair of the School Building Committee, provided an update on the project at last week’s virtual State of the Town. Missed it? Click here to watch! The video is indexed, so you can watch the whole evening or jump right to the SBC report.
The SBC meets tonight (Tuesday) at 7:00pm via Zoom.
Just for Fun: The new kitchen will be a serious upgrade from our current facilities. Check out the new cooler!
STATE OF THE TOWN is this TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, & THURSDAY!
REGISTER IN ADVANCE BY VISITING THE TOWN WEBSITE!
Steel framing is being set for new walls in the Dining Commons and Brooks, insulation is being added to roofs and walls, and interior work in the Auditorium is underway. Check out some of the latest project photos here!
The SBC meets virtually this week on Wednesday, October 14th at 7:00pm. The agenda is posted here.
This week, the SBC was very pleased to receive news of a substantial, anonymous donation to the Class of 2020 Tree Fund! The SBC voted unanimously to ask the School Committee to accept this very generous gift!
Another piece of good news is that there have been minimal COVID costs added to the project thus far. The full report from our construction team can be seen here.
New and improved (temporary) kitchen: A temporary kitchen that will serve all grades was installed in the Smith Gym. Here are photos of the old kitchen…
And here’s a photo of new…
Now we learn our ABCs: Finally, if you check out the slide decks from our meetings, you’ll see that Consigli, our construction manager, has divided the building into sections labeled with letters. Here’s a reminder of what the letters mean…