“It never gets easier, you just go faster.”
You may remember this cycling quote from our blog post after June 9th…It is equally appropriate now! Given all that will get accomplished between now and the end of April, it is the perfect message to get the SBC and design teams through the work ahead! So, once again, grab a power bar, fill your water bottle, and get ready to shift gears – here we go!
Consigli was chosen as the project’s construction team. Since we are using a “Construction Manager at Risk” model, Consigli is now on board and part of this new phase, and they will see the project through to completion. Dave Curry, Director of Pre Construction and Estimating, and Christian Riordan, Project Executive, joined the SBC at its meeting last week. Visit the Project Team page to meet all of our design, OPM, and SBC members.
We are now embarking on an intensive Design Development (DD) process that will take us through April 2019. The full schedule of meetings is posted on the www.lincolnsbc.org home page.
The DD phase develops and finalizes the key architectural and engineering components.
- At the end of DD there is another round of cost estimates to ensure the project is on budget.
- At the end of April, the Construction Documents phase will begin.
Working with Town Boards:
- The SBC and design team will work through a set of permitting requirements in conjunction with several town boards:
- Conservation Commission
- Historical Commission
- Planning Board
- Power Purchase Agreement Working Group: The School Committee will appoint a working group, which will include representation from the Green Energy Committee and the Finance Committee, to develop the PPA. This work will be in collaboration with the SBC and design/construction team.
In addition, there will be an Educational Leadership working group, comprised of school leaders, that will work with the design team throughout the DD process. Also, as they did at the start of the feasibility study process, SMMA will meet with mulitple faculty groups at the start of the DD phase.
Finally, there will be a Logistics Working Group, comprised of representatives from SMMA, Daedalus, Consigli, and school and SBC leadership. This group will meet regularly throughout DD.
How can community members stay up to date?
Here is a “level of interest” guide to get you through the next several months:
- Update at Annual Town Meeting, Saturday, March 23, 2019.
- April 24, 2019 SBC Meeting: Final cost estimate before Construction Documents phase begins.
” I want to keep track of the details…”
“I want to be fully involved…”
- Please come to SBC meetings!
- This is an intense, complex, iterative process, and each meeting will advance us further.
- Watch the meetings on the town video website.
Do you have ideas for the website?
The website has been changed around a bit to reflect this new phase. Do you have suggestions to make it easier to navigate? Contact the Outreach Team at email@example.com!