COVID-19 & the SBC
As seemingly everything gets turned upside-down, here is the status of the School Building Committee:
- CANCELED: March 17 SBC meeting
- CANCELED: March 18 Community Forum to present items that were to be voted on at the Special Town Meeting. At some point we will hold a virtual Community Forum.
- RESCHEDULED: The March 18 SBC meeting has been rescheduled for March 25, 7:00pm. The meeting is necessary in order to vote approvals for expenditures, however the meeting is likely to be held virtually. This is possible because Governor Baker signed an executive order that relaxed the Open Meeting Law rules for remote participation. The meeting must still be open to the community and there must be a quorum in order to make decisions, but the quorum does not need to be present in the same location. As a town, we are determining the best way to hold virtual meetings so that the format and accessibility is as uniform as possible. Stay tuned!
- POSTPONED: Special Town Meeting and Annual Town Meeting have been rescheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020.
- POSTPONED: Annual Town Election has been rescheduled for Monday, April 27, 2020