(Funding) Plans…(Building) Plans…(Voting) Plans…
What is the funding plan?
The Lincoln Finance Committee met on Monday, November 5th and voted unanimously to recommend the following plan for funding the $93.9M Lincoln School project:
- $4.4M from Stabilization Funds (existing funds)
- $1.0M from Free Cash (existing funds)
- $88.5 BOND (new borrowed funds)
This is the funding mix the Town will vote on.
The Finance Committee also voted unanimously to release the following statement:
“On June 9th the town decisively supported a school project that embodied educational values and sustainability through a renovated school project. We believe:
- The SBC has faithfully executed on this charge designing a project staying within the $93.9mil budget,
- The town can finance it and should be able to maintain our AAA bond rating,
and thus FinCom supports this project.”
How will this impact our property taxes?
What are the updates to the building plans?
At the November 1st workshops and through subsequent outreach, the community was asked to weigh in on “flat roofs” vs “sloped roofs” for the center section of the building. Thank you to everyone who offered their opinion!
The feedback from those who weighed in showed a strong preference for sloped roofs (~80% vs 20%). At Wednesday’s meeting, the SBC considered both options, and voted to direct the design team to further refine the sloped roof design. If the project is approved, there will be further work to determine optimal design details.
What are your voting plans?
Saturday, December 1st: Special Town Meeting, 9:00am
- Both the Auditorium and the Reed/Brooks Gym will be available for voters.
- Eligible voters must check in outside the Auditorium.
- You must be present to vote at the Town Meeting.
- A 2/3 majority is required to authorize the funding and to proceed with the project.
Monday, December 3rd: Ballot Vote, 7:30am – 8:00pm
- Voting is in the Smith Gym.
- You may vote an absentee ballot in person at the Town Clerk’s office starting on Friday, November 9th.
- Requests for absentee ballots must be made before 5:00pm on November 30th.
- Applications for absentee ballots may be made by a family member, BUT Massachusetts law does not permit any person to obtain or deliver an absentee ballot for another individual.
- Absentee ballots being returned by mail from the United States must be received by the Town Clerk by the close of the polls (8pm) on December 3rd.
- To request a ballot or to get more information visit https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleabsentee/absidx.htm
- TOMORROW (Friday) – 8:30am in the Lincoln Woods community room
- TOMORROW (Friday) – 1:00pm in Bemis Hall
- SATURDAY, 11/10 – 1:00pm, Lincoln Library
- TUESDAY, 11/13 – 8:00am, Hartwell Multipurpose Room
- WEDNESDAY, 11/14 – 9:00am, deCordova Café
- THURSDAY, 11/15 – 11:00am, The Commons
- THURSDAY, 11/15 – 7:00am, Multiboard Meeting, Pod B