Interested in the configuration of Hub Spaces and the Commons?
Come to the SBC meeting on Wednesday, June 27th! As mentioned in last week’s blog post, over the next few months each meeting will feature a mini “charette” focused on a particular aspect of the design. Unless otherwise noted, all SBC meetings start at 7:00pm, Hartwell multipurpose room.
What is a “charette?”
- SBC members and audience members will be put together in groups to focus on and discuss a specific topic (this week – Hubs and the Commons).
- The design team (SMMA/EwingCole) will guide us through the issues that need to be considered.
- Groups will ask questions and generate ideas; the SBC will decide which ideas SMMA/EwingCole should incorporate into the next iteration of the design.
This is crucial work, and if these details interest you NOW is the time to be involved! The Schematic Design process will be intense over the summer! By the start of September a final set of Floor Plans, Site Plans, and Elevations will be given to the cost estimators.
Also on June 27th…
- Review of Site Circulation (traffic flow for cars, buses, bikes, pedestrians)
- Review of updated Floor Plans
At the July 11th meeting, the charette will focus on building envelope and sustainability. “Building envelope” refers to how the skin of the building is constructed – wall and roof materials, insulation, and windows.