July 25th: Exterior Elevations and Site Circulation
July 11th Recap: At last week’s meeting, the SBC looked at a new iteration of the floor plan, discussed components of sustainability, and reviewed an updated project schedule. The meetings are now being televised, and you can watch the July 11th meeting here.
The slides from the meeting are posted here.
Up Next: On July 25th, the SBC will focus on two big topics:
- Building Exterior: SMMA/EwingCole will introduce plans for the building’s exterior. How will the new central entrance/Commons look? What kinds of materials will we use?
- Site Plan: How will bus and car drop-offs work? Where do pedestrians and cyclists go? What are the opportunities for outdoor learning spaces? Where is the parking?
Sizzling Summer: The rest of the summer is equally fast-paced! Once again there was great public participation on July 11th, and the SBC is grateful that so many people are making SBC meetings a priority. We look forward to seeing you all for the following meetings:
- August 8th: Focus on mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, wall and roof systems, and photovoltaic arrays.
- August 22nd: Community charette to focus on interior spaces and security.
- September 5th: Finalize floor plans, site plans, systems, sustainability features. Plans must be finalized to begin cost estimation process.
- The fall schedule (updated as of June 20th) is posted here.