June 8th – A Milestone Day!
Almost two years to the day after residents came together to choose option “L3” at the Special Town Meeting, the renovation of the Lincoln School will begin! What can we expect to see? (Click here for a reminder of the overall timeline.)
- Construction fencing will start to go up around the Brooks end of the building
- Top-soil will be stockpiled
- Interior demolition and abatement will begin
- Utility work will begin
Prepping for (potential) June 13th Town Meeting
The Town is planning for a June 13th Town Meeting and a June 15th Town Election. We are waiting to see what the Governor says within the next 24 hours, but given the necessary logistics and mandatory deadlines, committees were asked to prepare.
- The SBC met with the Finance Committee last Monday to get an update on the current thinking about the Town budget and to understand the impact of the pandemic.
- At its meeting last Wednesday, the SBC voted unanimously to ask the School Committee to ask the Board of Selectmen to place an article on the new Warrant.
- All the members of the SBC are sensitive to the current financial climate and, at the same time, trying to keep an eye on the long-term value of the renovation project.
- The SBC re-examined the $2M+ list of items it had originally planned to present to the Town in March using the following criteria: 1)What is the “decide by” date for the item? 2)Is it possible to add the item to the project at a later date? 3)What is the cost impact of doing the work in the future?
- Based on those criteria, the SBC plans to present a list of items totaling $629K and, in addition, a request for $200K for furniture, fixtures, technology, and equipment (FF&E).
- The SBC will meet with the Finance Committee on Tuesday, May 19th at 8:00pm.
- The next SBC meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20th at 7:00pm.