Agenda for June 9th Special Town Meeting*
- 8:15am: Voter Check-in Begins
- 9:30am: Presentations Begin
- 11:00am: Discussion of the 5 Concepts
- ~12:15pm: Vote #1 (paper ballot; top 3 move on) + Break
- ~1:15pm: Discussion of the 3 Remaining Concepts
- ~2:00pm: Vote #2 (standing vote; top 2 move on)
- ~2:30pm: Vote #3 (standing vote to make final choice)
* PLEASE BE ADVISED: This is a Town Meeting – The committees involved promise to stick to the presentation time, but please know that voting and discussion times will be as long or as short as necessary.
- To vote, you must be registered in Lincoln. Deadline to register is May 30th; there is no same-day registration!
- It is strongly recommended that voters sign in early, even if they need to come and go!
- Parking will be tight! Carpooling, walking, and biking are all encouraged!
- Both the Auditorium and the Reed/Brooks Gym will be set up for the meeting. Participants in the Gym will be able to view the speakers and presentations but will need to come to a designated microphone in the Auditorium to speak.
- Vote #1 (~12:45pm) will also serve as a break to eat, stretch, etc. Light snacks will be available, please pack your own lunch and bring it with you!
How the Voting Works
Vote #1: Ballot Vote on 5 Concepts
- There will be 3 voting stations: Voters may choose to vote at any of the stations.
- At the start of Vote #1, the Moderator will release non-voters for a break, with a time-certain to return.
- Voters get a 2ndhand stamp and receive a ballot.
- The Ballot Question is: “Lincoln School concept you prefer.” (CHOOSE ONE)
- Please completely fill in the bubble next to one concept with a Sharpie – no checks, x’s, pens, pencils (Sharpies will be provided).
- Put your ballot in the machine; take a break!
- The three (3) concepts with the most votes will move on for further discussion and Vote #2
Vote #2: Stand and Count
- When the Meeting is ready for the 2nd vote, there will be a 15-minute break to ensure that all the Volunteer Inspectors are ready to conduct the vote.
- The doors will close! Voters must be in the Auditorium or the Reed/Brooks Gym.
- The Moderator will start with the concept that received the most votes in Vote #1 and ask all those who support that concept to stand and be counted.
- This gets repeated with the other two concepts; results from the two locations tabulated.
- If one of the concepts gets more than 50%, then the voting is done!
Vote #3: (if necessary) Stand and Count (no 15-min break)
- Conducted the same way as Vote #2
- The concept that gets the majority is the one that moves forward into the Schematic Design phase.
The vote to bond the project will be in December:
- Special Town Meeting – Saturday, December 1st
- Ballot Vote – Monday, December 3rd