A Note from Becky McFall, Superintendent…
Dear Lincoln School Families, Staff, and Community Members,
The Lincoln School Building Project is underway on the Ballfield Road campus. Our team of architects (SMMA) and our construction team (Consigli) meet with us on a regular basis to discuss the schedule and process for carrying out the renovation and construction of the Lincoln School. This communication provides updates on what will occur in the weeks ahead and is intended to inform you of any impacts you should be aware of in planning your visits to the Ballfield Road campus. The Look Ahead Schedule for the work taking place July 29th through August 9th is provided below. Additional information can be found on the School Building Committee website, www.lincolnsbc.org.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the following contacts:
Becky McFall, Superintendent of Schools
Shane Nolan, Owners Project Manager, Daedalus Projects Inc.
Buck Creel, Administrator for Business and Finance
Michael Haines, Facilities Manager
All the best,
What to expect July 29 through August 9:
July 29 – August 9
- After further analysis, soil stripped from the center field will be located off site during the building of the modular classrooms. This is a cost savings for the project and results in less disruption to the site in this phase of the project.
- Stripped soil will be removed from the site by truck
- NEW: Trucks will be travelling on and off of the campus transporting the soil removed from the center field site of the temporary modular building.
- NEW: Within the fenced off construction zone, the foundation for the modular building will be prepared. The foundation will include piers and a stone pad.
- NEW: Excavation will begin to prepare for utilities and laying the foundation for the modular classroom building.
- NEW: Within the Lincoln School, sections of the ceiling will be removed for exploratory purposes. All ceilings will be re-installed once exploratory activities are completed and will pose no safety concerns to staff and students in the building.
- CONTINUING: Parking spaces adjacent to the center field in front of the Brooks entrance will not be available for use.
- CONTINUING: There may be minor traffic delays when trucks are delivering materials.
- CONTINUING: The northern half of the center field will not be available for use until the end of the project in the fall of 2022.
- The Codman Pool and the Brooks parking lot will be open for regular operation.
- The Recreation Summer Camp will be in full operation.
- The Lincoln Public Schools Central Offices and Facilities Office will be open for regular business (Monday – Thursday).
- The Lincoln School main offices will be open for summer hours: 8:30am – 12:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
A Further Look Ahead:
- The northern half of the center field will be occupied by the temporary modular classrooms and will not be available for use until the end of the project in the fall of 2022.
- Modular classrooms will be installed on the center field during the month of September.
- All students will remain in their current buildings for the 2019 – 2020 school year.
- No major disruptions to drop-off and pick-up traffic are anticipated during the 2019 – 2020 school year. Construction traffic will not be allowed during peak traffic times.