The consensus of three independent cost estimates is that the project continues to be on budget! The Design Development phase is now drawing to a close, and the Construction Documents (CD) phase begins. The next round of cost estimates will been at “60% CD,” which means when the construction documents are 60% complete.
At Wednesday’s meeting, our construction team from Consigli presented an updated project schedule. The schedule represents a lot of think about a wide range of details. The Logistics Sub Group, comprised of design and construction team members, along with our school admin and facilities team, will continue to refine the schedule and consider all aspects of the project: construction staging areas; safe traffic flow for cars, buses, construction vehicles, and pedestrians; wetlands and tree protection, etc. See the presentation here.
The chart below gives an overview of the latest information about how the project affects different grades and the community over the next several years. Refinements of the plan will continue!
- April 22nd: The Site Sub Committee will meet at 9am, Hartwell multipurpose room.
- April 24th: SBC meeting has been CANCELLED. This meeting was in place for value engineering. Due to the positive news about the budget estimates, it is not needed. Next SBC meeting is on May 8th.
- April 25th: Outreach Committee meeting is CANCELLED.
- May 1st: Conservation Commission will conduct the first of two public hearings on the plan for the modular classrooms.
- The Outreach Team is taking a brief break. Look for the next blog post on May 5th!