We’ve talked a lot about the complexity of the Lincoln School project – this week multiple Town boards and committees have the project on their agendas. Each will dive into the details as seen through the lens of their committee’s charge. On Thursday, many boards will meet together to try to understand how all the pieces of the project are fitting into place. Please join us – All the meetings are open to the public! Find more information at www.lincolntown.org and www.lincolnsbc.org
Monday, October 15th:
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30pm, Donaldson Room, Town Offices
- Parks & Recreation (PRD) Committee, 7:00pm, Hartwell PodA, Ballfield Road
- Capital Planning Committee, 7:30pm, Selectmen’s Office, Town Offices
Tuesday, October 16th:
- Finance Committee, 7:30pm, Donaldson room, Town Offices
- Cash flow estimates and bond strategies
- Solar arrays for the school: capital expenditure vs. power purchase agreement
- Use of stabilization funds
Wednesday, October 17th:
- School Building Committee, 7:00pm, Hartwell Multipurpose Room, Ballfield Road
- Continue value-engineering process
- Prepare for October 20th State of the Town
Thursday, October 18th:
- MULTI BOARD MEETING, 7:00pm, Hartwell PodB, Ballfield Road.
- On the Agenda:
- Update on the project’s scope of work and cost estimates.
- Finance Committee update
- Other funding sources? Grants? Green energy credits or rebates?
- Develop a list of questions that need to be answered by boards/committees before December 1st – assign questions to the relevant committee
Friday – NO MEETINGS!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20th:
- SPECIAL TOWN MEETING & STATE OF THE TOWN!
- 9:00am – 12:30pm, Auditorium
Engaging with Our Neighbors
- December 1st – Special Town Meeting
- December 3rd – Ballot Vote
The votes to fund the school project are fast approaching! Do you and your friends and neighbors want to learn more? Would you be willing to host an information session?
The SBC wants to come to your neighborhood to share information and answer questions about the project! If you’re willing to gather some friends and neighbors in your home for an hour or so in November, members of the SBC will run an informal conversation about the project. To schedule a time, please contact Kim Bodnar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspiring Future Architects…
A Lincoln School student sat in on a recent SBC meeting. How did he spend his time? He drew his ideal floor plan while listening to the discussion about the central dining and learning commons! We thank him for his willingness to share his drawing – click here to see it!