Are you reading this on Lincoln Talk? (If not, thanks for being a subscriber!) Do you want to get a school project update directly from the SBC to your inbox? Go to www.lincolnsbc.org and click “SUBSCRIBE.” You will get an email confirming your subscription. New blog posts come out 1 time/week on Sunday evening – so you won’t be bombarded! —SBC Outreach Team
This week SMMA showed the latest refinement to the site plan. Some items of interest:
- To meet public safety requirements, there will be a new access road around the northern and western perimeter of the school (the back of the school). Most of the road will be 8’ wide, with two exceptions: 1) the section that will service the new kitchen and loading dock; and 2) the driveway from the Smith parking lot to the CASE classrooms.
- The “green playground” will be shifted slightly, and new equipment will be installed. The swings that are currently behind the Smith school will be relocated to the other side of the emergency access road.
- There will be a new basketball court at the middle school end of the building.
- A new bike/pedestrian path will connect the current sidewalk to the entrance near the Kindergarten, allowing students to access the entrance without crossing traffic.
- A bike path will go around the parking lot and lead to Codman Pool.
- There will be a new connection between the Auditorium and the Reed Gym. See the detail below: