Construction Site Safety: When you visit the campus, you’ll see that the construction site is shifting. At the moment the entire school and both parking lots are work zones.
- The access to Codman Pool is via the pathway and bridge behind the Hartwell pods. PLEASE use this path, not the parking lot.
- ONLY the Hartwell parking lot and the lot by the temporary school are available for pool parking.
- There is NO vehicle access around the top of the loop in front of the school – the road is being rebuilt.
- BOTH the parking lot by the Reed Gym & the parking lot by the Smith field are closed to public parking.
Project Update: A lot of work is happening simultaneously! A few highlights:
- A new construction fence has been installed around the elementary school. Excavation work will begin shortly.
- Start at the end of July, the original 1948 Smith building will be demolished (see photo below) and construction will begin on the new Learning Commons, 3rd grade wing, and Media Center.
- In the middle school, new hydration stations are being installed, there are new railings in the Lecture Hall (upper half of the Auditorium), white boards are being hung, and many other details are being addressed!
- In the parking lot near the pool, Sun Power, the company that will be installing all of the photovoltaic (PV) panels on the school, has started doing prep work.
- More photos can be found in the July gallery.
The project update presented at Wednesday’s meeting can be found here. Next meeting is on Wednesday, August 11th @ 7:00pm via Zoom.