The Library Begins to Transform…
…into our new Dining Commons! One big change coming to the school is that it will have a full kitchen and a dedicated Dining Commons. How will this impact the school?
- Gyms will be available for classes all day — no more converting them into lunch areas for half the day; provides more scheduling flexibility for wellness classes and for indoor recreation when the weather is bad
- Students will now eat in a centrally-located, light-filled space that looks out onto the center field!
- A full kitchen allows a wider range of food preparation
- Dishwashing facilities eliminate disposable styrofoam trays, dishes & cutlery
- Kitchen and Dining Commons become new community assets during non-school hours
Here’s a comparison of the floor plans before and after renovation:
Current “Link” includes the Library, computer labs, Elementary Art, Science & Music, Nurse, and classrooms.
After the renovation, the Link will house the Dining Commons, kitchen, Nurse, classrooms & hubs, Special Education offices.
When it’s complete…
But to get there, first we have to…(click here for latest construction photos)
SBC Meets (Virtually) this Week – Wednesday, July 15, 2020 @ 7:00pm
The agenda and link will be posted on Monday.