…but our design team (a partnership between SMMA, based in Cambridge, and EwingCole, based in Philadelphia) knows how to transcend regional rivalry and collaborate creatively on our behalf!
Here’s what they, and the SBC, are up to in the coming weeks:
- February 7th, SBC Meeting: 7:00pm, Hartwell Multipurpose Room
- February 9th, Mini Workshop at Bemis Hall: 9:30am. Come see the latest iteration of project concepts! This will showcase work that has been done since the January 23rd Community Workshops.
- February 13th, Drawing on Lincoln’s Architectural Resources: The design team and resident architects will meet to explore design ideas for the project concepts. 1:00pm, Hartwell Multipurpose Room.
- February 28th, SBC Meeting: 7pm, Hartwell Multipurpose Room
- March 7th, Focus on Sustainability: Sustainability consultant, Bill Maclay, and the design team talk about the sustainability implications of the range of project concepts. 7pm, Location TBA
All meetings are open to the public.
The results are in! Thank you to the 156 people who completed a feedback survey after the January 23rd Community Workshops! We are still going through the answers to the open-response questions, but here are some preliminary findings:
- 77% of respondents chose the compact footprint as their 1st choice (estimated cost ~$89M)
- 15% chose the comprehensive renovation of the current footprint as their 1st choice (~$88M)
- 5% chose repair as their 1st choice (~$48M)
The full results will soon be posted on the SBC homepage at www.lincolnsbc.org