We could always “Count” on Steven…
It is with great sadness that we mourn the loss of Steven Perlmutter, and with immense gratitude that we remember the many contributions, both silly and serious, that he made to the School Building Project.
Steven became involved in the Lincoln School building project in 2013 when he volunteered to serve on the School Building Advisory Committee. What started as a 1-year commitment became an 8-year journey as he helped multiple committees to pull the community together and get us where we are today. In addition to his willingness to wear a giant “Count” costume during the 2017 4th of July parade, there were numerous ways we could “count” on Steven:
- We could count on him to ask really probing questions.
- We could count on him to emphasize the beauty of the school campus and the grandeur of its trees.
- We could count on him to reach out to people in the community to understand their points of view about the project.
- We could count on him to press hard for clarity of message and simplicity of presentation.
- We could count on him to read the minutes very, very carefully.
- And as we neared the December 2018 vote, we could count on him to be the project’s biggest cheerleader – “Time to put the pedal through the metal, everyone!”
For our part, Steven’s family and friends can count on the fact that Steven will always be part of our heart. We miss you, Steven.