As Phase 2 of the Lincoln School project takes shape, let’s take a look at some of the new features of the Primary School:
- Preschool is moving out of the Hartwell building and into the school! For the first time, all of our grades, preK – 8, will be together under one roof. This will give our youngest students access to the gym, music, and art rooms, and will make it much easier to deliver services such as occupational and physical therapy. It will also facilitate the transition to Kindergarten.
- The new Media Center (all-new construction) is on the east side of the building.
- The new Learning Commons will be a flexible space for school and community events. It can be set up for presentations, robotics competitions, art shows, science fairs, music performances, school dances – whatever we can imagine! The Learning Commons and adjacent Dining Commons will both have access to a large courtyard space in the inner part of the “L” (about where the “Learning Commons” label is below)
- The principals’ offices will be centrally located by the new main entrance (larger pink area in the image below).
- The 3rd grade wing is all-new construction and will be the youngest grade to feature a hub space.
A reminder of which parts of the building are being renovated and which parts are all-new construction:
Click here to see the new May photo gallery and here to see the slide deck from last Wednesday’s School Building Committee meeting.