Letting the Grass Grow
The landscaping team is putting the finishing touches on the center field and the grassy areas around the school. In this image you can see new grass along the south end of the building and one of the many newly planted trees. We thank our students and the community for being patient with this part of the process. Someday the ropes will come down and we can all roam freely! Click on the October photo gallery to see more photos.
Highlights from this past Wednesday’s SBC meeting:
- Lots of grading and seeding all around the campus, including restoration of the center field!
- The end-of-project “punch list”, which had over 500 items in mid September, now stands at about 175. So many final details to take care of! Thank you to the entire team for getting them done.
- The slide deck from the meeting is here.
- The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony is on Friday, October 28th @1:30pm! The entire community is invited! If you’d like to attend the ceremony and/or building tours, please email email@example.com. Tours are from 3:00pm – 4:30pm.
- The Ceremony will be live-streamed at https://www.lincnet.org/ribboncutting.
- The building will be open to the community on Saturday, October 29th from 9:00am – 11:00am. Doors around the school will be open, no need to RSVP in advance.
- The contents of the 1994 – 1995 Time Capsules will be on display on both the 28th and the 29th!
More important dates:
- Monday, November 14th @ 7:00pm: Night 1 of the (virtual) 2022 State of the Town Meeting: Lincoln in 2050
- Topics include: Updates from the Community Center Building Committee; Council on Aging & Human Services; and the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Anti-Racism Committee.
- Register for the meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcpduiorT0oG9GdnaMY_5AMocyCkOTQG_k5
- Tuesday, November 15th @7:00pm: Night 2 of (virtual) State of the Town Meeting: Lincoln in 2050
- Topics include: Updates from the Planning Board; Housing Commission; Rural Land Foundation; Green Energy Committee & Climate Action Lincoln; Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee.
- Register for the meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYrcOGhrj4qEt1tt5MJp07ajcblANsCRV-f
- Wednesday, November 30th @7:30pm: Special Town Meeting
- Vote to approve funding ($325,000) for the next phase of a Community Center project. Funding would pay for architectural and project management services to develop a preferred design and budget.
- Meeting is in person in the Lincoln School Auditorium!